There’s not a lot of people who can say they don’t like treats,a lot of us are actually addicted to them. Cookies, sweets, icecream and pastrys!
My guilty pleasure is pancakes. I love them! And thought it would be rough if I wouldn’t be able to make great vegan pancakes as this vegan journey began.
I tried making pancakes without eggs a couple of years ago since my little brother was allergic, and the memory of these were not something I cherished. They were dry, hard and tasteless, and I was terrified that these were the kind of pancakes that I was stuck with for the rest of my life.
So the journey for the ultimate pancake recipe began.. I haven’t found the perfect recipe for ordinary pancakes (crepés) yet, but I’m not giving up!
I did find the perfect recipe for american pancakes though! I’ve tried making american pancakes before, before I became vegan. But I’ve never really got the desired texture before. I think american pancakes should be fluffy, but firm and crispy at the same time. And I’ve found it! The perfect recipe for making it happen. And I found it on Instagram on @aveganfeed feed. I didn’t get my hopes up even though the picture made my mouth water, but I’m so glad I did. Because they are amazing, especially with blueberries and served with agavesyrup and dairy-free butter on top!
- 6 dl dairy-free milk
- 6 dl flour of choice (have not tried glutenfree yet)
- 2 teaspoons apple-cider vinegar
- 3 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- Vanilla extract (not necessary, I didnt have any at home when I tried)
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix milk and vinegar and let it sit for a couple of minutes
- Mix all ingredients and put in blueberries last if desired and pour into a greased pan. Cook on medium heat until golden on both sides.
Not an oil-free recipe, since I don’t know how to fry them in the pan without it. If you know a way, please let me know!