I absolutely love gratins, with whatever filling or tastes there is. This time i chose Broccoli, brusselsprouts and scallions since that was what I had at home. I followed the recipe on ICA which was originally a broccoli/cauliflower gratin and then I just Veganized it! So I had dairy free margarin/butter, oatmilk and Violife cheese instead of the dairy products.
This is what you need
- 500g Broccoli
- 500g Brusselsprouts
- 2 scallions
- Dairy free butter
- Dairy free milk
- Salt & pepper
- 2 dl Dairy free grated cheese
How to do it
- Put the oven on 225 degrees Celsius
- Boil the broccoli and brusselsprouts in salted water for a couple of minutes, before taking them from the stove and let them dry off. Cut the brusselsprouts in half and if the broccoli’s are to big, cut them into smaller pieces. Chop up the scallions and add them, the broccoli and brusselsprouts into a pan and fry in some dairy free butter until they’ve got some nice color. I usually put salt & peppar on at this stage.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of dairy free butter into a saucepan and let it melt and then put in about 4-5 tablespoons of flour (this may vary).
Add the dairy free milk (I used oatmilk) and let it boil for a couple of minutes. Then add the spices you want and the grated cheese and mix.
- Add the greens into a oven safe dish and pour the milk/cheese mix on top of it. Grate some cheese on top as well!
- Put in the middle of the oven and bake for about 5-10 minutes or until it’s got a nice brown color.
I served this with boiled potatoes,carrots and a horseradish gravy!