I LOVE brunch! I’m not really the breakfast type, I usually like to wait a while before eating after getting up in the morning. Hence why I love brunch, it’s the perfect opportunity to eat since you’re actually hungry and more appreciative of the food in front of you. And what is a better brunch than scones with jam!? Okay maybe pancakes or bagels are equally good, but scones. Come on, they’re in the big leagues! Served with dairy free butter, some dairy free cheese and jam of choice and you have the perfect brunch to look forward to. And served with a hot cup of tea will only make it better.
What you need
- 50 g dairy free butter
- 4 dl flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 dl dairy free milk (I used Oatly’s organic oatmilk)
- Put the oven on 250 Celsius
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Here you can also add flavoring if you’d like. Like berries, nuts or spices. I made natural ones.
- Mix the butter together with the flour nicely with your hands before adding the milk and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon. The dough is supposed to be sticky!
- Shape the dough into 6 bigger or 8 smaller balls. Put them on a baking paper and on a baking tray before putting them in the middle of the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy them warm and freshly baked!