So, as promised here’s the recipe for the homemade vegan Naan bread. I thought is was a total success since it was the first time ever I tried making this type of bread. Easy to make and with few ingredients that you probably have at home, if you usually bake.
What you need
- 1,5 dl plantbased milk
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 3,5-4 dl flour
- a pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- Heat up the plantbased milk to 37 degrees (lukewarm), pour into a bowl and add the yeast and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Knead salt and flour with the milk blend until a smooth dough,If you want any spices in your bread, like cumin or other add it now.
- Cover it with a towel and let it ferment for 45 minutes.
- Divide into 6 pieces, the size of a golf ball and let it ferment for another 30 minutes.
- Flatten the dough until it’s about 1 cm thick and fry in oil in a hot pan for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve with any kind of Indian food!
Recipe by https://veganistase.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/recept-pa-naan-brod/