Instead of fried fish or fish fingers we’ve made zucchini for a while now and it’s so delicious. If you’re a lover of all fish dishes you’ll love this as a substitute. We all want to save the oceans right? So how about we let them fishes swim on in the oceans instead of ending up on our plates?
They say we could end up with fishless oceans around 2048 if we continue the way we do know. And if you’re interested, you should definitely look it up. Research it a bit, because it’s so much more devastating than you think. Fishes that we don’t eat get swept up as well, and since it’s too expensive and takes too much time they are killed instead of being put back into the ocean. This makes species go extinct! For no good reason at all.
What you need
- 2 medium zucchinis or 1 large
- Plantbased cream
- Oil to fry in
- Rinse and cut of the edges of the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in two or three bits.
- Slice off the sides, all four, so you get it in a rectangular shape.
- Grab two bowls and a plate. In one bowl you add cream and in the other one you add flour. On the plate you add breadcrumbs and spices of your choice.
- I used: paprika, thyme, salt and barbecue mix. Mix this together with the breadcrumbs.
- Step one: put a zucchini slice in flour. Make sure you get flour on each side. Step two: put the same slice in the cream and roll around until it’s covered. Step three: roll the slice around in the breadcrumb mix.
- When all slices are done, it’s time to fry them!
- If you’re like me and detest all things Teflon, you heat up your cast iron skillet and make sure it’s warm and cozy. Put in some oil, usually I just put in enough to cover the bottom and add more along the way of the skillet dries out.
- They should get nice color on both sides without being burnt. So medium to high heat depending on your stove.
Serve with boiled potatoes, carrots and a nice horseradish gravy!